Turmeric and Aging Skin for the Win!
Many people are starting to learn or have experienced that Tumeric isn’t just for the kitchen anymore. A recent studies shows that the healthy spice often found in curry has vast benefits for aging and damaged skin.
This powerful spice has many strong qualities, including being an effective anti-inflammatory and antioxidant from the inside out, which means it is incredible at reducing inflammation. Collagen depletion in the skin can be a result of inflammation, which plays an important role in skin aging. With too much exposure to UV light from the sun, free radicals start to form then leads to an inflammatory response. In turn, enzymes are created that caused collagen to breakdown, making the skin less firm and more worn-looking.
Here are some powerful benefits of Tumeric to note:
1. Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Curcumin, which is found in turmeric, significantly lowers levels of inflammatory markers in the body.
2. Helps To Treat Acne: Anti-inflammatory qualities can calm inflamed skin and is known to reduce scarring.
3. Supports Skin Health: Antimicrobial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties may help prevent breakouts or reduce existing ones.
4. Brightens Under Eyes: Turmeric’s properties help to brighten dark under eye circles to bring out your natural glow.
5. Signs Of Aging: This golden root helps diminish the appearance of wrinkles, keeps skin supple, and improves skin’s elasticity.
How do I get the benefits of Tumeric at home?
We thought you might ask, one of our newly featured products in the shop is by Eminence and called: Turmeric Energizing Treatment. Formulated with turmeric, citrine gemstones, and zeolite, this treatment will exfoliate and enliven your skin, revealing a silky, luminous complexion. Click below to learn more or order yours today.
We wanted to share this simple graphic from the Eminence website to help guide when using this product.
Bonus Tumeric Tip!
Turmeric is highly effective at lightening dark under-eye cycles and for reducing puffiness.
As with any skin treatments it is best to have a professional give you an evaluation, then pair that with a customized skincare routine. Our team is experienced and educated to help you reach your skin goals. Give us a call today and schedule your consultation.